Virtual Field Trip for Language Skills and Curriculum-Based Vocabulary
Want to teach your students tons of language skills as your wander the halls of the White House? Well, now you can!
Your students will love embarking on this fascinating, language-rich, virtual field trip to the White House! In turn, you will love that it’s no prep, motivating, filled with language skills, Common-Core aligned, and designed to last over the course of the year!
Through the use photographs, diagrams and non-fiction passages as well as 14 QR Codes and hyperlinks, this 70-page packet will bring your field trip to life through the use of multiple media sources including:
– SafeShare Videos: Step into the Situation Room, meet the Marine Sentries guarding the President, step into the White House garden and so much more!
– Photographs/Diagrams: Learn about the fascinating rooms throughout the White House
– Virtual Strolls: Wander the halls of the White House and learn about its incredible history!
– Non-fiction passages: Learn surprising facts about White House history and details about its incredible rooms.
You will not need to print this resource if you prefer to view it on a computer or tablet. If you prefer printing it, QR Codes have been provided to make it an enjoyable and seamless journey! At the end of the packet there are additional printable V.I.P. passbook cards that students can use to “enter” each part of the White House with their QR codes.
This comprehensive and exciting trip includes:
– Student Invitation to the White House from the White House Chief of Staff with a Welcome Video from the First Lady
– WH Questions to assess prior knowledge about the White House
– Generating questions about the White House
– Planning the journey – interactive questions and web resources
– Surprising Facts about White House History – non-fiction passage (followed by questions/answers)
– Making predictions about White House rooms with room diagram
– Information about 10 White House rooms with actual room photographs
– Comparing/Contrasting rooms (questions and answers)
– Come on in to the White House non-fiction passage (followed by questions/answers)
– Enter the Situation Room video (followed by questions/answers)
– Guess the Room White House vocabulary game
– The State of the Union Address video (followed by questions/answers)
– Letters to the President video (followed by questions/answers)
– Write a letter to the President with questions and web resource
– Meet the Marine Sentries video (followed by questions/answers)
– Enter the White House Kitchen Garden video (followed by questions/answers)
– White House Bees video (followed by questions/answers)
– The Medal of Honor video (followed by questions/answers)
– Information to “Apply for the Job” (followed by questions/answers)
– Take a Virtual Stroll with web resource with questions
– Reflection page: What did you learn about the White House?
– V.I.P. Passbook Rings (optional print-out with QR codes for fun, easy access to media content).
– Common Core Alignment Chart – linking activities in the packet to Common Core Standards.
Language Skills Targeted:
– Content-Area Vocabulary
– Context Clues
– Main Idea
– Asking and Answering WH Questions
– Oral Language
– Auditory and Reading Comprehension
– Written Language
– Comparing and Contrasting
This exciting, interactive, no-prep virtual field trip will allow your students to benefit from experiential learning without ever leaving your classroom! This packet grants educators the flexibility needed to utilize it in either digital or printed forms. It has never been so easy to simultaneously target a multitude of language goals and Common Core Standards over the course of so many educational sessions! Perhaps best of all, the easily accessible and engaging variety of media presented in this packet will allow your students to fully internalize the language skills creatively presented.
This item can be purchased in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Click the button to purchase!